Without a doubt, dusting, vacuuming, spot cleaning and tossing fabrics into the washing machine are common weekly household chores. After all, keeping a clean home equals better indoor air quality for you and your family. But when bad smells and stains still remain on non-clothing fabrics after several washes, it’s time to consider letting a local cleaner give you a hand. Let’s look at some household items that are likely due for professional cleaner services in Dallas, TX:
- Bedding: Even though you wash your bed sheets in hot water once a week, odors can still linger, and over time those slight odors from sweat and the like can turn into a big problem. Good quality bedding—such as silk, linen, bamboo and high thread count cotton and cotton blends—that is well taken care of can last for quite a few years, especially when you rotate between two or three sets to avoid excess wear, and when sheets are cleaned in detergents that are free of harsh chemicals.
- Pillows: Whether stuffed with common materials like feathers, down, synthetics like polyester or a mix of materials, pillows can be tricky to clean in your at-home washer. Since you should wash your pillows a couple times a year, take them to get professionally deep cleaned by a knowledgeable business equipped with the right machines and detergents. Not convinced you need to wash your pillows? Just imagine the amount of sweat and drool that makes its way through your thin pillowcase every night.
- Curtains: Fabric window treatments are one of the most forgotten household items that can use a good scrubbing. Maybe your washer is not big enough or your window coverings are made of a delicate material. In these cases, consult a nearby cleaner about special services for your specific type of curtains. In between professional cleanings, remove curtains and take them outside to shake off dust as a regular part of cleaning your home.
- Towels: It’s a reality that your towel does much more than simply drying your body. Not only do towels remove water and moisture, they also collect small hairs, dead skin cells and soap residue. Odors and even mold are quick to form, which is why it is suggested you wash your bath towels after every three uses. Consider washing bath towels in a hot water cycle with white vinegar only, then in another hot cycle with baking soda to better remove smells. Alternatively, you can ask your cleaners to use their magic to wash away odors as well as body soap and laundry detergent residue.
- Sofa and chair covers: Many sofa and accent chair owners use custom covers to add an extra layer of protection against damage and wear. Children, pets and guests are all contributors to creating dirty and odorous couch covers—keep covers smelling fresh with the help of your cleaner.
Need professional cleaner services in Dallas, TX to rejuvenate your household items? At J’s Tailor & Cleaners, we use environmentally friendly detergents to give your household items a thorough and gentle cleaning—your bedding, towels, curtains and more will feel great and be odor-free!