Your wardrobe may be in need of an overhaul, but this can be a costly endeavor. Luckily, clothing alterations in Dallas, TX can provide you with a way to update your look without sending you into debt in the process. By having your outdated clothes altered in a way that complements today’s trends, you can easily give your closet the makeover you were looking for. Keep these alteration trends in mind when you want to have a new and improved look with your favorite outfit:
- Change the arm style: Sleeve length and width can have a dramatic effect on the look of a shirt or jacket. Having the arms of your clothes altered to a more flattering style can help you achieve a more stylish look that fits today’s current fashion trends. Have your sleeves completely removed to make a statement, or add cutouts to keep current with shirt styles of the season.
- Alter the neckline: You can drastically change the look of a dress or shirt by having the neckline altered in a way that is more flattering to your body. With these types of clothing alterations in Dallas, TX, you can have a new look that accentuates your neck or allows for a more conservative look, depending on your needs. Collars can be removed on button-down shirts, and dresses can benefit from a plunging neckline for more volume in the chest area.
- Remove pants pleats: If you have pants with pleats, clothing alterations in Dallas, TX can help you breathe new life into them. While pleats were fashionable for a time, the look has gone by the wayside, and your pleated pants are in need of an update. A tailor can completely remove the pleats from your pants to give you a slimmer and more fitted look that will help flatter your body.
- Add a zipper: With the simple addition of a zipper to your clothes, you can add more functionality and ease of wear. You’ll find that a hidden zipper gives more drama, while an exposed zipper will allow you to slip the garment on more easily. Zippers are an easy way to turn a garment into a more wearable option that you will be able to use more often.
- Customize your denim: Designer denim can be expensive, and getting the right fit is always a challenge when it comes to jeans. With the right alterations, you can transform a pair of jeans with a custom look that no one else will have. Add embellishments, or just get that perfect fit. Both will make you look like you spent a fortune on a new pair of jeans, even though you didn’t.
Keep these clothing alteration trends in mind as you look to update your wardrobe. You will have a custom look that is current with today’s fashion trends, allowing you to look like you just went on a shopping spree. Visit J’s Tailor & Cleaners for all your alteration and tailoring needs. We can give you that fit you always wanted or turn drab clothing into a spectacular outfit.