To hem or not to hem, that is the question. Although it may seem trivial to some, hemming your jeans to have them fit your body properly can completely transform your appearance. Wearing properly fitted jeans can elevate your look, making your style seem more put together and enhancing your overall body image. The problem is it’s rare to find jeans that not only fit you perfectly, but are also the right length.
Sure, you have the options of scrunching, cuffing or tucking the extra length, but those temporary fixes aren’t always a viable solution. That brings us to hemming! Most people wear oversized or ill-fitted clothes, not fully understanding the elements of a good fit and why it can compromise style and your overall look.
Why hem your jeans?
Let’s break it down to the 5 basic reasons as to why you should get your jeans hemmed:
1. No need to scrunch, cuff or tuck: If you were to opt out of hemming your jeans and leaving the extra length on there, odds are there will come a time where you will want your jeans to be shorter. Maybe it’s raining and you don’t want the bottom of your pants to get wet? Or maybe the bottom of the pants keeps getting caught under the bottom of your shoe and it’s ruining the fabric?
Yes, scrunching, tucking and cuffing can certainly prevent those things from happening, but why not save yourself the trouble and get the pants tailored to the proper length and size in the first place? Not only will this save you time in not having to worry about scrunching, tucking and cuffing your pants, if the pants are hemmed properly they have the ability to make your legs look thinner and longer.
2. Improve body image: It’s a fact that when you look good, you feel good. You know that feeling, right? You put something on and you instantly feel like you could rule the world one pair of jeans at a time? That’s the feeling you should have every time you put a pair of jeans on. If you’re putting on pants that don’t fit you properly, you’re not going to look your best or feel your best.
3. Comfort is key: When you have a pair of pants that fit the right way they’ll feel much more comfortable as opposed to wearing pants that are too big and not sitting on your body the right way.
4. Confidence booster: This goes hand-in-hand with body image, the better your clothes fit, the more confidence you have. Hemming your jeans to fit your body type properly will only enhance your image, boosting your confidence in what you are wearing.
5. Save money: This is probably the home-run reason as to why you should get your pants hemmed and altered. Sure it may cost a little extra up front, but when you hem a pair of pants to fit you the right way, there will no longer be a need to keep shopping and spending money to hopefully find that perfect pair of pants. Spend the extra $20 or so to get them hemmed and never look back!
In the end, you should be feeling nothing but comfortable and confident in your jeans, and getting them professionally hemmed them can achieve both of those. Contact our expert tailors today and get on your way to looking and feeling your best!