The spring season is here, and most of us are filled with the excitement of going outside to enjoy the warm temperatures, which means that now is the time to put those heavy winter clothing items into storage. But before you send your cold weather garments back into hibernation, take them to your trusted dry cleaning service in Dallas, TX for a thorough cleaning. In case you’re thinking about skipping the cleaners, here are five reasons why you should have winter garments professionally dry cleaned prior to storing them:
- Get rid of winter odors: It’s easy to be completely oblivious to the smells that surround you everyday, such as odors on winter clothing items that do not frequent the washer very often. Just as you should clean your just-out-of-storage clothing before wearing it next winter, the same is true for when they go into storage. Take garments like suede, wool and leather coats, cashmere scarves, warm hats and winter gloves to the dry cleaners to get odors removed, and then you can store them in garment bags or in drawers.
- Deter bugs: Moths, dust mites, silverfish—something you want to consider is bugs making your clothes their dinner. If you don’t want to open up those garment storage bags next winter to find your favorite coat or gloves destroyed, take items to get a good washing and drying at your local dry cleaning service in Dallas, TX. A professional cleaner can remove the smallest traces of food particles and smells that attract creepy crawlers.
- Avoid ruining your garments: Many dry-clean-only garments have been ruined after going through regular cycles in household washing machines. When in doubt about a fabric, take it to the cleaners. By following proper cleaning instructions and storing your clean winter clothes the right way, you will not have to buy all new items come next winter. Save your clothes, and save money!
- The pros can see damage: As a bonus, professional dry cleaners have a keen eye for damage you may not have noticed. When you take your cold weather garments in to be cleaned this spring, the pros can do a thorough inspection and recommend repair methods.
- You can’t remember the last time it got cleaned: If you cannot recall the last time your wool coat or leather jacket was properly cleaned, that’s reason enough to take it in for a springtime dry cleaning. Since dry-clean-only items are washed a lot less often than your daily clothes, months of odors, dirt and oils from your skin are likely to accumulate. Regardless of whether you can smell or feel how dirty a winter garment may be, plan to take it to a professional at least twice a year: once before spring storage and again when winter rolls around.
The sun is out, the days are long and sunscreen is necessary, so pack those heavy coats away and enjoy the warm spring weather in a tank top and shorts. For reliable and friendly dry cleaning service in Dallas, TX, visit the team at J’s Tailor & Cleaners today!