When people need their laundry done or need their formal suits and dresses cleaned, many go directly to a dry cleaners. What most people don’t know or don’t choose is the option of wet cleaning. Also called green cleaning, wet cleaning is a way of washing clothes without using chemicals that most dry cleaners use.
Not using those chemical solvents, the most common being tetrachloroethylene, or PERC, gives the option of wet cleaning many benefits. The following are some of the reasons you should choose a wet cleaning service in Dallas, TX:
- It’s environmentally friendly: According to the Environmental Protection Agency, wet cleaning is the best type of professional cleaning for the environment. It doesn’t use hazardous chemicals like PERC, which is bad not only for the Earth, but also for people surrounded by the chemical. It a depressant of the central nervous system and respiratory irritant that most likely causes cancer. Wet cleaning also doesn’t produce hazardous waste, like air pollution, or water and soil contamination. The detergents and other cleaners used are often times biodegradable soaps and conditioners.
- It won’t damage sensitive materials: The process of wet cleaning is gentle compared to dry cleaning and at-home methods, therefore just about any material is well taken care of when wet cleaned. Wet cleaning mostly uses water and biodegradable detergents in a computer-controlled environment. The computer regulates temperature, pH and agitation, just enough to clean your clothes, but not ruin the structure, size or color. This helps your clothes get as clean as possible, but in the end, your clothes come out cleaner and protected. Those who wet clean your clothes know how to handle each type of fiber and fabric and will use this prior knowledge during the process.
- It’s effective for all types of stain removal: Most dry cleaners have to use hard toxins to remove tough stains, but wet cleaning can still get those stains out without doing so. A majority of the stains in clothing is water-based and come out using a basic wet cleaning process. Those that don’t come out that easily are oil-based. These can be removed using specialized water-based pre-spotting solutions.
- It won’t cause shrinking: One of the biggest disadvantages of dry cleaning or washing and drying your clothes at home is the shrinkage your clothes go through. Often times you buy clothes and decide what size to get based on the knowledge that it will most likely shrink. With wet cleaning, you won’t have to do that anymore. After they are washed, the clothes that are wet-cleaned are shifted over to a dryer that automatically stops once a predetermined level of moisture saturation is reached to prevent shrinkage.
- It offers a superior level of clean compared to at-home methods: While you might feel like your clothes are well cleaned at home or at the dry cleaners, you’ll feel differently after you wet clean them for the first time. Wet-cleaned clothes have softer look and feel. They’ll also smell better. They will be hand-pressed and beautifully finished. You’ll never want to go back to washing at home or using a dry cleaner!
For a wet cleaning service in Dallas, TX, visit J’s Tailor & Cleaners.