Wet cleaning service is part of a fairly recent development in our industry. A less chemically-based cleaning method for clothes that are normally dry cleaned, it offers advantages over traditional methods. If you seek an alternative to dry cleaning and the use of percholorethylene (perc) to clean your high-end clothes, here is why wet cleaning service in Dallas, TX may be your answer:
- Removes tough stains: Silk and wool blemish easily if you spill a drink or get stuck out in the rain. Dry cleaning is often not effective in removing stains from delicate fabrics, but wet cleaning will return these clothing items to like-new condition. It is not uncommon for customers to drop off their clothes for wet cleaning if the amount of dirt is too much for a washing machine to handle or if they want a period garment returned to its original condition. This thorough yet gentle means of washing clothes removes stains and preserves condition at the same time.
- It is gentle: Wet cleaning is the new preference for silk because it offers extra cleaning power without compromising the fine fabric. Generally, clothes fade less when they undergo wet cleaning, and sustain less damage. The process uses water instead of perc, and that means less wear and tear on your clothing. If wet cleaning is an appropriate option for your clothes, you will be able to wear them longer. People who are interested in keeping classic styles intact as long as possible frequently inquire about wet cleaning.
- Fewer chemicals: We have customers with sensitivities to perc and do not enjoy having it lingering on their clothes. This is a fact of life with dry cleaning, and for some people, it is a source of constant irritation. Wet cleaning does not leave lingering odors, and people often report their clothes feel softer and more pliable, which helps people with sensitivities to fabric texture. That is good news for those who suffer skin or nasal sensitivity to harsh chemicals.
- No yellow look: Dry cleaning is an effective process for maintaining high-end garments, but it will take a toll. In time, lighter colored garments will contain a yellow sheen that will eventually make them appear that they have never been cleaned. If you wish to preserve your light garments better, ask us about wet cleaning the next time you drop off clothes at our shop. It also works well for preserving bright-colored fabrics.
- Environmental risk: While dry cleaning will always have a place in our shop, offering wet cleaning reduces the use of chemicals. There is less chance of groundwater contamination, and wet cleaning does not require as many resources or as much energy as dry cleaning. We enjoy fewer expenses and also the satisfaction of being a good environmental citizen in this community.
J’s Tailor & Cleaners offers wet cleaning service in Dallas, TX, along with alterations, leather cleaning and traditional dry cleaning. Stop in today and see if wet cleaning is appropriate for your garments.