Some items labeled “dry clean only” can be hand-washed if you need to save money or if your item is not heavily soiled. However, there are items for which dry cleaning in Dallas, TX is always necessary. Before you decide to hand-wash an item or use a store-bought “dry cleaning” product, review this list of items that require professional dry cleaning:
- “Dry clean only” items with a lining: A polyester-wool blend can sometimes survive a wash cycle with a very gentle detergent. However, if there is a lining, avoid that attempt. Linings are often fragile and you risk having their color bleed to the higher-quality fabric. If your clothing item has a “dry clean only” or “dry clean” label and a lining, bring it to us every time it needs cleaning or refreshing.
- Anything with sequins, beading and other embellishment: There is not a washing machine in the world that can gently handle small embellishments like sequins or beading. Even in front loading washers, you risk those accessories getting caught in the grates and not only ruining your clothes but damaging your washer, too. At our drying cleaning establishment, we are accustomed to handling these items gently and making sure they return to you clean and intact. You will not get this guarantee by handling these items yourself.
- Suits: All suits, especially wool suits, need dry cleaning. There are no exceptions. This is the best of your work wear, and they’re rarely cheap to buy. You can keep your suits in their best condition by only having them cleaned by a reputed dry cleaner. Plus, you will enjoy benefits like pressing, so your suit will look new after every cleaning.
- Stained items: If you spilled wine on a ballgown, that is a job for a dry cleaner. We have the products and skills necessary to confront these stains and restore your item. If you attempt to clean it yourself, you will likely ruin the texture of the fabric and still have a stain.
- Pleated items: Like sequins and beading, pleats also require expert care. There is not only the gentle cleaning process that helps preserve them, but also any pressing that keeps them looking their very best. Pleats are another item you never want to try handling on your own. Visit your professional dry cleaner instead.
- Anything made of rayon: Nothing made of rayon can be washed. This delicate fabric responds well to dry cleaning, but if you attempt to throw it into your washer and dryer, you will destroy its texture and color while also shrinking it.
- Fabric blends: Polyester-wool, cotton-poly and nylon-wool blends should be dry cleaned to preserve their texture and qualities. If you have a rare combination like cotton-rayon, always default to dry cleaning, since there is no other safe way to clean rayon. Check the label instructions, and if dry cleaning is an option on your fine fabric blend, bring it to us.
If you require dry cleaning in Dallas, TX, J’s Tailor & Cleaners is available. Call us today to arrange for delivery or drop your items off at our convenient location.